82 Days To Go - What??? I Gained A Pound ??? Are You Kidding Me???

True.  But I meant to gain GOOD things like weight loss and an increase of energy, NOT WEIGHT!!!  So as you can see from my title, I wasn't too happy to discover that over the course of my first 10 day mini-chunk of my 100 day goal, I actually GAINED a pound (okay, 1.1 pounds to be exact) while taking 3 days off of meat and adding mandatory exercise.  THAT IS SO DEPRESSING!  I know that "often" people tend to do that at first (so they say, whoever "they" is, anyway) PLUS this chunk of days did fall across Easter celebrated with TWO different families, but it still came at quite a gut-check.

To recap, here's what my plan was on my first 10-day chunk:
10 Day WindowADD:DROP:REPLACE with:
April 10 - 19Exercise - Total of 90 minutes over 10 daysMeat 2 days per week throughout this challengeHealthy fats & other proteins

And here were my results:


10111213141516171819Need for 10-day period
Meatless Diet




XX

X3 days
Exercise




45

542total 90 minutes

How did it go?  You mean from gaining a pound?  Okay, okay, it wasn't all bad, and I'll try not to be so negative... deep breath... 


Dropping meat 2 days a week meant 3 days meatless in 10 days of time.  I was pleasantly surprised to say that, although a bit annoying to have to change from my regular routine, it really wasn't all that bad.  AND, it did force to me to eat a bit more healthy.  Of course, in my typical style, I waited until as late as possible before I started, and the first day I chose to go meatless we ended up at a family reunion picnic and a dinner at Cracker Barrel.  Because of this, I only picked on small sides at the picnic, and after quite a large debate, ended up eating vegetable soup, fried apples, and cornbread at Cracker Barrel.  I'm not saying that it was all healthy, but I know that it was WAY healthier than what else I would have chosen there!

The other meatless days were pretty uneventful.  One involved peanut butter crackers and the other some cheese pizza.  But I did pick up those veggie burgers that I mentioned in my last post and plan to eat them this week in addition to some veggie sausage to try!

As far as exercise, I also procrastinated there, and after a fierce workout halfway through, and ending up pretty sore, I took a few days off until I pushed it hard on the last day.  I definitely figured out that I need to get this into a better routine, and am making steps to get there.

What's up this week?  Take a peek:
April 20 - 29Daily prayer and/or positive affirmationsChips & FriesWhole wheat crackers and/or lettuce wraps

Talk to you soon! - Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 76 - I Have A Fever... And The Only Cure Is More Girl Scout Cookies

Day 23 - Daring To Fast Like Daniel