Day 38 - Haul Me Away

UGH.  I am in a complete funk.  It took a few day of sinus congestion, which I self medicated with chocolate (I'm no doctor, but at the moment it felt like the perfect prescription) and then my days of low energy started to include more soda, cookies, chocolate, aaaaaaaand....  McDonalds.  And Taco Bell.  And a little Burger King.  BLAH BLAH BLAH.  Forget being caught with my hand in the cookie jar, I feel like they should haul me away to cookie jail for abuse of self-control power. 

And my brain says, "But Stacey, you know better!  
Why do you allow yourself to do it?"

LEAVE ME ALONE. HERE, EAT THIS 
AND WE'LL FEEL BETTER...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND 
Here I am - sick, new medicine in hand, no energy, coffee at 5pm just so I can stay awake long enough to get the kids to bed, no exercise, and feel like utter CRAP.

This is called being in a funk.  This is where everything feels hopeless, I know I've gained some more weight, and I feel terrible.  But this isn't starting over.

I'm better now, because I KNOW it's what I'm doing to myself instead of figuring it out months down the road when I end up HEAVIER than I was.  I'm better because I'm catching it only a few days after a slip, instead of when I hit rock bottom.  I'm better because I know what I need to do to fix it - look back at my goals, plan out my meals, do some prep, avoid the sweet stuff so I stop the bad habits from coming back, and EXERCISE to give myself more energy.




And I'm also better because I have you, now, reading this post, keeping me more accountable.

After all,

"You can give up today, but you CAN'T give up tomorrow." - - - Tomorrow, HERE I COME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 76 - I Have A Fever... And The Only Cure Is More Girl Scout Cookies

Day 50 - Shake It Up To Shake Things Up