Day 3 - Baby Steps


I ROCKED this morning!  I got up and out the door (still late, but it IS the last week before winter vacation and I noticed I'm not the only teacher on this downslide!) and went straight to work as a rational adult with no drive-through urges or internal temper tantrums - SCORE!

I had some apple slices and my chocolate Shakeology at 9:30am, and I felt great.  Burst of energy, mood improved, not hungry, and no cravings.  We had a taco bar planned for lunch today, which I was prepared for, and then my dad sent me a text asking if he could bring... dun dun DUN... McDonald's for lunch.  But I did OK!  I asked him to bring me nuggets instead of a quarter pounder (don't give me grief - I split the calorie and fat content in TWO just by making that switch!) and had him bring a small fry and a small drink instead of the usual larger ones.  AND  I didn't even eat it all because I didn't feel that I needed it. 

I was still going to go by the taco bar - "not to eat, just to socialize,""let's be realistic, you will definitely eat tacos" and decided to stay away.  I didn't feel deprived, or upset - it was all good. 

At 4:30 pm I was very proud of myself, and I was feeling great.  I even planned to get an exercise session in.  What is that quote about good intentions???

Then I was reminded of a slice of cheesecake that I had sitting in the fridge, and Krispy Kreme donuts  were on the counter, and chocolate was all around me.  I ended up eating dessert before I even dinner, while I was telling my daughter that she had to do the opposite.  Not my proudest moment.  I did end up watching my portions and drinking water, and refraining from a late night snack.  I didn't get the big workout in, but I did pretend my almost 3 year old was a barbell and did many "weight-lifting" rounds with her, which she thought was hysterical.  It wasn't perfect, BUT, baby steps are still steps, and I'm moving in the right direction.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 76 - I Have A Fever... And The Only Cure Is More Girl Scout Cookies

Day 23 - Daring To Fast Like Daniel