Day 1 - Coffee, Coffee, Coffee


Image result for quotes coffee


As a mom of young kids, it seems no matter what time I go to bed, I won't get a good night's sleep.  ESPECIALLY when I happened to stay up late the night before.  Last night, I was so excited starting this blog, that I went to bed late, and then as I lay in bed TRYING to fall asleep, I kept imagining I heard my son getting out of bed and was listening to hear if he came into the room - how stupid is that?  Well, I did fall asleep, around 11:45, and knowing that I had to get up less than 6 hours later, I wasn't thrilled, but it was fine.

What I didn't expect, though, is that my daughter would be the one to wake up early (which she has NEVER done until the last few mornings, ugh) and was wide awake at 4:53am today, proclaiming loudly, "Mommy, I has a good night's seep!"

Needless to say, I was dragging getting out of bed, but luckily at work (I'm a teacher and this is the last week before Christmas vacation... woop woop!) we had a coffee bar this morning, so I thought, perfect!  I'll grab a bottle of water and I know I have a shaker bottle and some Shakeology at work, so  I thought to myself - "I'll drink one of those and have a cup of coffee, and VOILA!  There's my breakfast!" and grabbed a small container of last night's Wildree slow-cooker meal for lunch and I ran out the door.

My eyes were actually blood-shot I was so tired, and a few times at a traffic light I caught myself wanting to close my eyes, but the remembrance of the promise of hot coffee kept pushing me forward as much stomach started growling in that way like when you stay up to late and you're hungry and tired at the same time and sit up debating which need to take care of.

Coffee was yummy this morning, to which I accidentally added too much fat free vanilla creamer, and I added regular sugar because there was no substitute (should have brought my own stevia), and now I had more of a high-calorie coffee than I usually do.  Great start to being healthy, right?  But at least I had my Shakeology!!!   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - WRONG!

I can't find the packet anywhere.  AAAH!  (Have you ever heard of this stuff?  It's AMAZING!  More on that another time...) That means, so far, on my healthy day, I've had water (not enough, but ok it's a start), coffee with too much extra crap in it, and, in full disclosure, I went back for another cup two hours later with less extra stuff in it) and a small Wildtree meal (Have you heard of Wildtree either?  I have two friends, I can hook you up!) which was delicious, and that's it.  BUT I'm not hungry, too bad, yet, and you can be sure that when I get home, making a shake will be first on the list to tide me over before dinner...  but...  who am I, this is not like me?!?!?! - I really want another coffee!  

Now to figure out a healthy dinner and a way to slip a workout in this crazy, crazy, day...

Image result for quotes coffee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Day 76 - I Have A Fever... And The Only Cure Is More Girl Scout Cookies

Day 23 - Daring To Fast Like Daniel